- Hugely popular Freelander 1 becomes newest Land Rover Heritage vehicle
- Over 9,000 individual part numbers available for best-selling compact 4WD
- Rapidly became Europe’s best-selling 4WD vehicle for five consecutive years after launch in 1997
- Land Rover Heritage specialises in cars, services, parts and experiences
Whitley, Coventry – 4 January, 2016: Produced between 1997 and 2006, the Land Rover Freelander 1 remains one of the brand’s best-selling models and is now officially a Land Rover Heritage vehicle. Land Rover Heritage specialises in cars, services, parts and experiences for classic Land Rover models and the Freelander 1 becomes the brand’s eighth Heritage model. The others are Series I, II and III, Range Rover Classic and P38 Range Rover plus Discovery 1 and 2.
A Heritage model is defined as those products that have been out of production for longer than 10 years and the Freelander 1 was first produced in 1997 and its production run ended nine years later in 2006 when Freelander 2 replaced it. Ever since production of Freelander 1 concluded, Land Rover continued to support owners through the supply of spare parts for this model line. Now, owners will be supported by the brand’s Heritage experts and ensure loyal owners continue to enjoy their vehicle for many years to come.
Over 9,000 individual Land Rover Heritage Part numbers are available for the Freelander 1 and it adds to the brand’s comprehensive parts catalogue, which already features over 33,000 items for both Jaguar and Land Rover Heritage vehicles.
Tim Hannig, Director, Jaguar Land Rover Heritage, said: "With the addition of the Freelander 1 as a Heritage model, Land Rover is reaffirming its support and commitment to its loyal customers by providing exceptional cars, services, parts and experiences for models more than 10 years out of production. Genuine Land Rover Heritage Parts for Freelander 1 have been engineered and tested in extreme conditions. As such it gives our customers total peace-of-mind that their vehicles are maintained to the highest possible standards."
When it was launched, the Freelander broke the mould by pioneering the compact premium 4×4 class and at the time had 16 patented features including Hill Descent Control (HDC), Immediate Reduction Drive (IDR), a viscous-coupling (VCU) and an innovative ABS system designed specifically for off-road situations.
Land Rover Introduces New HSE Luxury and XS Specifications For Freelander 2
- HSE Luxury specification available for the first time globally on Freelander 2
- Dynamic Exterior Pack adds further sporting design for 2015 Model Year.
- New XS specification offers a range of exterior and interior upgrades
- Exterior updates include new headlamp design across the Freelander 2 range
Whitley, UK, 3 March 2014 – Land Rover’s Freelander 2 is now available in a premium HSE Luxury specification, offering a series of exterior and interior upgrades, increased visual appeal and a more luxurious cabin.
Continue reading »
· Discovery Vision Concept car to debut at the New York International Auto Show
· New concept will showcase the design and technology vision for a future new family of Discovery vehicles
· Pioneering technology from Jaguar Land Rover’s Advanced Research will be previewed for the first time
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – April 2, 2014 – Land Rover will debut its vision for a new family of premium SUVs at the 2014 New York International Auto Show.
The Discovery Vision Concept car will showcase the essence of a future family of SUVs built on Land Rover’s key principles of emotive design, unrivalled capability and ultimate versatility.
Gerry McGovern, Design Director and Chief Creative Officer for Land Rover commented, “Discovery has been pivotal in helping to build the foundations of the Land Rover brand. It is admired all over the world and loved by its strong customer base. We have created the Vision Concept to share the essence of Land Rover’s new age of Discovery and to debut a new, compelling, relevant design direction that connects on an emotional level with customers of today and tomorrow.”
Follow the excitement as the story continues to unfold over the next two weeks on Land Rover’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and join the conversation using #ReadyToDiscover
Here’s the original:
And finally my version from back in March:
More visual and technical updates that bring the entire family closer together. I’ve never minded the LR2, I’ve only driven them as loaner cars. And they were clearly old school plastic interior Land Rover. This latest round of updates is great, but unfortunately just makes me realize how close it is to the Evoque and how much better it could be. But either way, it’s all coming together, great job LR!!
I secretly kind of wish they’d “float the roof”, just sayin’
64 images in this gallery!
LAND ROVER DELIVERS A PREMIUM NEW LOOK AND FEEL
TO THE FREELANDER 2
– New lightweight, 240PS Si4 2.0-litre GTDi petrol engine
—-14% reduction in CO2 to 224 g/km
—-7% increase in torque to 340Nm
– New exterior design features give a sportier & purposeful look
– Range Rover Evoque equipment now available in Freelander 2
– Fresh interior equipment and colourways includes new centre console
– New 7-inch colour touch-screen
– 825W Meridian surround sound system with 17-speakers for concert-like experience
– Say What You See prompted voice commands
– 7-Day Timed Climate system
– Rear View Camera with ‘Hitch Assist’
Continue reading »