Land Rover Introduces New HSE Luxury and XS Specifications For Freelander 2
- HSE Luxury specification available for the first time globally on Freelander 2
- Dynamic Exterior Pack adds further sporting design for 2015 Model Year.
- New XS specification offers a range of exterior and interior upgrades
- Exterior updates include new headlamp design across the Freelander 2 range
Whitley, UK, 3 March 2014 – Land Rover’s Freelander 2 is now available in a premium HSE Luxury specification, offering a series of exterior and interior upgrades, increased visual appeal and a more luxurious cabin.
Continue reading »
· Discovery Vision Concept car to debut at the New York International Auto Show
· New concept will showcase the design and technology vision for a future new family of Discovery vehicles
· Pioneering technology from Jaguar Land Rover’s Advanced Research will be previewed for the first time
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – April 2, 2014 – Land Rover will debut its vision for a new family of premium SUVs at the 2014 New York International Auto Show.
The Discovery Vision Concept car will showcase the essence of a future family of SUVs built on Land Rover’s key principles of emotive design, unrivalled capability and ultimate versatility.
Gerry McGovern, Design Director and Chief Creative Officer for Land Rover commented, “Discovery has been pivotal in helping to build the foundations of the Land Rover brand. It is admired all over the world and loved by its strong customer base. We have created the Vision Concept to share the essence of Land Rover’s new age of Discovery and to debut a new, compelling, relevant design direction that connects on an emotional level with customers of today and tomorrow.”
Follow the excitement as the story continues to unfold over the next two weeks on Land Rover’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and join the conversation using #ReadyToDiscover
LR2 gets infotainment upgrades and Evoque’s two-liter in-line 4.
LR4, keeps LR4 name, gets V6 and loses standard two-speed transfer case (Really?)
Evoque gets the 9-speed transmission, new tech and Active Driveline
All-New Sport is just that.
Range Rover got the V6, Stop-Start and all the same parking/lane departure tech that the Sport has BUT it’s planned for a mid-year introduction. No mention of the upgraded front seats.
Land Rover Announces 2014 U.S. Model Lineup
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – September 12, 2013 – The 2014 model year continues the most dynamic product development and introduction period in the brand’s history. An all-new Range Rover Sport is introduced, based on the all-new aluminum-intensive Range Rover that debuted for 2013. The Range Rover itself sees a significant increase in fuel efficiency for 2014 with the introduction of a new supercharged 3-liter V6 engine, for up to EPA-estimated 23 mpg in highway driving1, replacing the naturally aspirated 5-liter V8.
The Range Rover Evoque debuts one of the first nine-speed automatic transmissions in a passenger vehicle. The sporty Range Rover Evoque, the smallest and lightest Range Rover model, has become its worldwide best seller, with more than 170,000 sold in its’ first 18 months.
The Land Rover LR4 also replaces the 5-liter V8 with the 340hp supercharged V6, teamed to an 8-speed automatic. The Land Rover LR2, which received the 240hp turbocharged engine from the Range Rover Evoque for 2013, delivers pure Land Rover style in a compact model and adds infotainment upgrades for 2014.
Continue reading »
Here’s the original:
And finally my version from back in March:
More visual and technical updates that bring the entire family closer together. I’ve never minded the LR2, I’ve only driven them as loaner cars. And they were clearly old school plastic interior Land Rover. This latest round of updates is great, but unfortunately just makes me realize how close it is to the Evoque and how much better it could be. But either way, it’s all coming together, great job LR!!
I secretly kind of wish they’d “float the roof”, just sayin’
64 images in this gallery!
LAND ROVER DELIVERS A PREMIUM NEW LOOK AND FEEL
TO THE FREELANDER 2
– New lightweight, 240PS Si4 2.0-litre GTDi petrol engine
—-14% reduction in CO2 to 224 g/km
—-7% increase in torque to 340Nm
– New exterior design features give a sportier & purposeful look
– Range Rover Evoque equipment now available in Freelander 2
– Fresh interior equipment and colourways includes new centre console
– New 7-inch colour touch-screen
– 825W Meridian surround sound system with 17-speakers for concert-like experience
– Say What You See prompted voice commands
– 7-Day Timed Climate system
– Rear View Camera with ‘Hitch Assist’
Continue reading »