I was looking at an old spy shot(can’t find the origin) and a new bit of information caught my eye.
For background, when the Range Rover Evoque was released, one of its new safety features was a live graphic that displays the status of each seatbelt in the vehicle. The driver can clearly see who is and isn’t buckled in; green is secure, red is not, along with an actual textual warning.
This is what it looks like in the Evoque:
In the spy shot below of the next Range Rover, the L405, we see something that looks oddly similar:
Here’s a closer look:
The graphic does match the Evoque’s, even with the triangular icon of the belted person on the “hood”. Notice the number of indicators: Two green for the front passengers, a row of red in the back seats and then the interesting bit. What are the two red dots that are clearly showing up in the trunk?
Here’s a shot from the latest issue of Motor Trend, where they just added an Evoque to their testing stable. They use a shot of the steering wheel logo, which is great for every other vehicle but kind of falls apart for the Evoque; along with that still too long of a name – Land Rover Range Rover Evoque:
It’s neat, that’s all I’ll add to this.
RANGE ROVER EVOQUE SPECIAL EDITION WITH VICTORIA BECKHAM MAKES GLOBAL DEBUT IN BEIJING, CHINA
· A collaboration between British fashion designer Victoria Beckham and the Land Rover Design team, led by Gerry McGovern
· Range Rover Evoque Special Edition four-seat coupé featuring bespoke luxury and sporting details
· Finest quality materials and craftsmanship
· First ever Land Rover to feature exclusive hand-finished matt paint
· Santorini gloss black detailing contrasts with stealth-like paintwork
· Unique 20” gloss black forged alloy wheels with rose-gold accents
· Rose-gold plated grille surround and badging
· Soft vintage inspired tan semi-aniline leather interior seats with hand-finished feature stitch, semi-aniline leather door inserts, armrests and cubby lid.
· Exclusive rose-gold plated interior accents
· Unique and ultra-luxurious mohair floor mats and microsuede headlining
· New interior trim materials include Grand black lacquers veneers, textured aluminium and soft-feel black paint
· Bespoke four-piece leather luggage set
· Hand-sewn leather wallet for owner’s manual signed by Victoria Beckham
· Powered by the lightweight, all-aluminium 240PS 2.0-litre petrol engine
· Four-wheel drive and Land Rover’s award-winning Terrain Response® system.
· Limited to a maximum of 200 vehicles worldwide with first vehicles allocated to Chinese customers
- Range Rover Evoque Special Edition will be hand-finished by Land Rover’s Engineering to Order division (ETO)
- Indicative pricing is from £79,995 (GBP)
Continue reading »
Reading through the Land Rover/Range Rover news of the day, I noticed a small blurb from Businessweek describing what debuts we’ll see in Beijing for the Auto China 2012. Searching around a bit, it seemed no one else had published this except for them.
Range Rover Evoque Special Edition four-seat coupe, co-designed by Victoria Beckham, with gloss black forged alloy wheels, rose gold-plated accents, textured aluminium and mohair
For those that don’t know, Land Rover put up this teaser video with a countdown to the official unveiling on Sunday in Beijing.
So we will know soon enough but now with less surprise.