The Heritage Edition evokes the history of the Defender as a modern interpretation of the famous HUE 166 Land Rover – the first pre-production Series I vehicle, nicknamed ‘Huey’, which dates back to 1947. Traditionalists will appreciate the Grasmere Green metallic paintwork, Alaska White roof, heritage style grille, headlamp surrounds and heavy-duty steel wheels. Other nostalgic additions include the silver front bumper with black end caps while clear indicator lenses and Indus Silver door hinges also set the Heritage Edition apart. Body-coloured wheel arches and mudflaps bearing the Heritage logo also feature.
Externally, the finishing touch comes in the shape of aluminium heritage style badging to the front grille and rear bodywork, which is inspired by the designs fitted to the Series I and II models. Evocative HUE 166 graphics also adorn the front wing panels.
While the exterior pays homage to the earliest Land Rovers, the Heritage Edition features a host of modern creature comforts and luxurious finishes inside. They include perforated leather outer steering wheel rim and gear lever, Bright Aluminium trim for the air vents, door handles and door locks, and Almond Resolve Cloth seat facings bearing the heritage logo and detailed with HUE 166 tags.
Durable rubber floor mats and a padded cubby box between the front seats ensure the Heritage Edition is as functional as it is distinctive.
Heritage Edition models will be available in both 90 and 110 bodystyles.
Indicative pricing: from £30,900 (€39,900)
On sale: from August 2015
Bodystyles: 90 Hard Top, 90 Station Wagon, 110 Utility Wagon, 110 Station Wagon
- Unique Grasmere Green metallic paintwork with body colour wheel arches
- Unique Alaska White roof
- Silver front bumper with black end caps
- Heritage style front grille and headlamp surrounds
- Body coloured heavy duty steel wheels
- Clear indicator lenses
- Indus Silver door hinges
- Heritage style badges
- Heritage logo mudflaps
- HUE 166 graphics
- Bright aluminium finish clock and air vent bezels
- Aluminium interior door handles and door locks
- Perforated leather outer steering wheel rim, gear knob and handbrake lever
- Almond Resolve Cloth upholstery with Ebony Vinyl sides and backs, with HUE tags
- Padded cubby box with Almond Cloth lid
- Heritage logo rubber floor mats
I need this badge – need it.